Welcome to the Alexander Architectural Archives. We ask your cooperation in adhering to the following reading room rules. It is our mission to safeguard and preserve collections for physical and intellectual posterity. If at any time you have questions about handling materials, please do not hesitate to ask. If you come across an item in need of care, please bring it to the attention of a staff member.
- Registration with photo identification is required
- All materials are used in the Reading Room only, and may not be checked out
- Food, beverages, hard candy and chewing gum are not permitted. All bags, coats, hats, umbrellas and other personal items are kept in a designated area separate from the viewing table.
- Only pencils may be used. Personal devises such as lap-top computers, phones and personal cameras (without flash) are permitted in silenced mode. Please consult a staff member if you wish to use a personal scanner, over trace drawings, or use personal books or papers critical to your research. These will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Collection material is paged prior to your appointment. A staff member can assist you in determining what you want to view ahead of your visit. Additional paging requests made during your appointment may not be honored and browsing materials is not permitted.
- A staff member will demonstrate how to handle papers and photographic material. Drawings are handled by staff members only.
- Requests for copies are subject to copyright law, standard fees and production time-tables, and are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please see the Copy Work Policy.
- Your paged materials should not be transferred to another guest. Please return the material to a staff member at the close of your visit. Materials may be held in reserve for a limited time for future appointments.
Thank you and enjoy your visit!