Ask a Librarian Internship Program
The Ask a Librarian Internship program provides iSchoolers with invaluable hands-on experience in several areas of academic librarianship. Interns participate in the virtual reference component of the Ask a Librarian service, answering email and chat questions from users world-wide.
Interns will also work collaboratively with mentoring library staff to assist users with research questions and staff the Research & Information Services Desk at the Perry-Castañeda Library.
Ask a Librarian interns will also be mentored Teaching & Learning Services staff to plan and teach drop-in library workshops and course-integrated classroom instruction. Other opportunities, such as writing instructional content and creating tutorials, are also available as time permits.
Requirements and Benefits
- The internship is a 20-hour-a-week Graduate Research Assistant position.
- Interns must be enrolled in nine semester hours during the long semesters and for three hours during the summer.
- Preference is given to candidates who have completed one of the iSchool reference courses, and who will be enrolled in the iSchool for three or more semesters.
- Interns will be appointed on a semester basis and may apply to renew for up to two years.
- The monthly stipend is just over $1,000.
- Interns are eligible for some benefits and receive out-of-state tuition exemption.