Integrating the Library into Blackboard
Enhance your course by integrating library resources and services into your Blackboard page. Get a librarian involved or link to pre-existing resources.
Add Library Resources to your Course
- Articles in a database or online journal (How to create a link)
- Databases and Indexes to Articles (How to create a link)
- Library Catalog and Items in the Catalog (How to create a link)
- EBooks (How to create a link)
- Online Journals (How to create a link)
- On-Site/Print Reserves (How to create a link)
- Google Gadget to Search the Libraries (How to add this gadget)
Research Guides and Tutorials
Link to ...
- Online Tutorials (How to create a link)
- Research Guides by Subject (How to create a link)
- Research Guides by Type (ex: Finding Articles) (How to create a link)
Link to ...
- Ask a Librarian Chat (IM) and Email Reference Service (How to create a link)
- NoodleBib (online bibliography software for undergraduates) (How to create a link)
Embed a Librarian in your Course
Librarians can become involved in your course in many ways. We can create customized content for your class and provide research assistance and instruction through Blackboard. Consider any combination of the following:
- Request a Tailored Research Guide
If your class has a research assignment, we can create a research guide tailored to that assignment. Guides include suggested resources and instructions.
- Request a Library Research Assignment
If you want your students to learn particular research skills, we can create an assignment for you. We can also assess the research skills of your students through pre- and post-tests delivered via Blackboard.
- Request a Librarian
Add contact information for your subject librarian or ask a librarian to hold reference hours via Blackboard's chat or discussion board by adding them as a course builder to your Blackboard page.
For general help with Blackboard, including how to create links in the new Blackboard version 9, consult the University of Texas Blackboard Support Site.