PCL Interview Room
PCL now has a dedicated Interview Room. Students may use this room to interview with potential employers.
- Cisco TelePresence system EX90 consisting of:
- EX90 HD Screen
- Cisco TelePresence Touch Screen Controller
- Web camera with a privacy shutter
- Room simulates a professional environment.
Where: First door on the right as you enter PCL 1.102 (Library Copier Services).
Who can use it: Current University of Texas at Austin students and recent (within the last year) University of Texas at Austin graduates.
Hours: The Interview Room has the same hours of operation as Library Copier Services. Check their hours for details.
How it works:
- Contact Library Copier Services in person (PCL 1.102) or by phone (512-495-4239) to reserve the room and check out the key. If the room is not reserved it is available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Sign in with Library Copier Services before using the Interview Room. Bring your photo ID.
- You will need an active UT Austin EID and password to access the equipment in the room.
- The equipment in the room is intended to be used only for interviews that employ high-definition (HD) video conferencing. This excludes Skype interviews, Google Hangouts, phone interviews and in-person interviews.
- The phone in the room is meant to facilitate reaching technical support personnel in the event of a problem, or to receive phone calls from interviewers in the event of a technical problem or to confirm that you are ready to receive a video call. The phone in the room cannot be used for long-distance calls.
- Interviewers can call the Interview Room via IP address (188.8.131.52) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The interviewer’s Cisco Telepresence System IP address or email address associated with the interviewer’s Cisco device will be needed in order to contact them.
- Recommended: Reserve the room for a practice session before using it for the real interview.
- Important: If you plan to use the telephone during your interview, do not count on cell coverage in the interview room. Instead, please arrange for someone on the other end to call the landline in the interview room (this can be found on the phone in the room). ITS encourages those experiencing problems with cellular service to report them using this form.