CHANT is a database of all traditional and excavated ancient Chinese texts. Over 1000 titles are available. Produced by the Research Centre for Chinese Ancient Texts (中國古籍研究中心) of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, it provides a searchable full text and some image files for a wide range of early Chinese materials. The following databases are included:
- 甲骨文 (Oracular inscriptions on tortoise shells and bones)
- 金文 (Bronze inscriptions)
- 竹簡帛書 (Excavated wood, bamboo, and silk texts)
- 先秦兩漢 (Entire body of extant Han and pre-Han traditional Chinese texts)
- 魏晉南北朝 (Traditional Chinese texts of Wei, Jin, and Northern and Southern Dynasties)
- 類書 測試版 (Encyclopedias, not yet available)
Additional information about this resource is available on the CHANT web site.
Technical requirements: Use Internet Explorer 6.0 or above with 800 x 600 or better resolution. Traditional Chinese character input method editor is required for searching. Font installation is required for proper display and is available from the site. Different databases require different fonts. The download page lists the required fonts by database.
Click “機構用戶登錄” to enter the program.