Downloading Photos and Burning Them to a CD or DVD Using a Mac Workstation
Welcome to the Fine Arts Library. This handout will teach you how to download photos from an FAL digital camera and burn the photos to a CD or DVD using a Mac media station.
Items Necessary to Use This Station
- Blank writable CD or DVD
- Digital camera and its cord
- Twenty to thirty minutes to download photos from the camera and burn them to a disk. Please note that this does not including editing time. If you will be editing your photos, please allow additional time.
Downloading Your Photos
To begin, make sure that you are at one of the Mac computers at a media station.
Open iPhoto. Go to the icon menu on the bottom of the screen and select the icon with the camera. You may see a welcome screen when iPhoto opens. Select the "CLOSE" button to get to the program.
Plug the smaller end of the USB cord into the camera and the larger end into the computer's USB port. Now turn on the camera.
iPhoto will automatically read your photos from the camera, but you will still need to import your photos to iPhoto.
In the "EVENT" box, type in a name for your event; create a file.
To import all of your photos, click on "IMPORT ALL."
If you only want to select some of the photos, hold down the command key while you click on all of the images that you would like import. Once you are done selecting photos, click on "IMPORT SELECTED."
You will be asked to keep or delete the original photos on your camera. We advise you to keep them until you have completed the CD or DVD burning process.
Burning Your Photos to a CD or DVD
Once your photos have been imported, unplug the camera from the computer. To burn your photos to a CD or DVD, go to your "EVENTS" and select your album.
Next go to the top menu bar. Click on "SHARE", and then click on "BURN."
You will be prompted to insert a disk into the disk drive. Insert your blank DVD or CD into the disk drive on the right side of the monitor and select "OKAY."
After a few seconds a menu bar will appear at the bottom of the screen. When you are ready to burn, select "BURN."
You are then prompted to confirm that you want to burn a CD or DVD from your photo library. Select "BURN."
It may take a few minutes to burn your photos depending on the size of your Event file. When the burn is complete, the disk will eject. We recommend you insert the disk and verify that it burned correctly.
When you are finished, close the iPhoto program by going up to the top menu bar, select "iPHOTO" and then click on "QUIT iPHOTO."
- Photoshop CS5 : Top 100 Simplified Tips and Tricks
- Photoshop CS5 All-in-One For Dummies
- Photoshop CS5 Digital Classroom
- Photoshop CS5 Bible
- Photoshop CS5 Restoration and Retouching For Digital Photographers Only
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers : A professional image editor's guide to the creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC
- Photoshop CS5 : Essential Skills
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY Photoshop CS5