- How to Conduct a Preliminary U.S. Patent Search: A step by step strategy - USPTO (36 minutes)
- An introduction: Why search for patents? What is a patent? MIT (5:30)
Full text images of U.S. patents, including drawings, issued from 1790 to the present can be viewed and printed from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office web site. Please note that you must install a TIFF viewer before you can see the full text patent images from this site.
More printing/downloading options (html, PDF):
- Patent Lens - Search data from the World Intellectual Property Organization, European Patent Office, U.S. Patent Office, and the Australian Patent Office.
- PatentScope - search international patent applications
- Google Patents - US patents
- Guide to Downloading Patent Copies (PDF, TIFF) - the Invent Blog